Articulation Agreements

Salina Area Technical College has established articulation agreements with Barton County Community College, Hutchinson Community College and Flint Hills Technical College to provide a smooth articulation from a number of certificate programs to associate of applied science degrees.  These agreements are reviewed annually on the date signed to provide updates regarding new and discontinued courses and programs.

Salina Tech has transfer and articulation agreements with the following colleges and universities:

Bethany College 

Salina Tech graduates will be admitted to Bethany College with Junior Status.  Bethany College will accept up to 62 credits from Salina Tech towards graduation at Bethany College.

Fort Hays State University

Any Salina Tech AAS degree will transfer to FHSU as credits toward a Bachelor of Technology Leadership degree.

Kansas State University Polytechnic

Salina Tech AAS degrees in Graphic Design, Computer Aided Drafting, or Dental Assistant will transfer to KSUP as credits toward a Bachelor in Technology Management degree.

Kansas Wesleyan University 

All Salina Tech general education credits and up to 30 credit hours of technical courses from Salina Tech will transfer to KWU.

Washburn University 

Any Salina Tech AAS degree will transfer to WU as credits toward a Bachelor of Applied Science in Technology Administration.

Check this page often as new transfer and articulation agreements are being developed with other institutions.

Salina Area Technical College adheres to the KBOR policy requiring articulation agreements among vocational schools, technical colleges, community colleges, and state universities, which provides transferability of substantially equivalent courses of study and programs.

E-mail us for more information:

The Kansas Board of Regents Course Transfer/Reverse Transfer Plan

Course Transfer

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions. From College Algebra and English Composition I & II, to Public Speaking and Art History I & II, a student who completes a course listed as a guaranteed transfer course at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other Kansas public institution in pursuit of a degree or credential.

Please visit the link below for more information regarding transfer agreements.

Reverse Transfer

Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees. Within a student’s first semester, those who transfer coursework from a public university, community college or technical college will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree. Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the university, community college or technical college the student last attended.

Please visit the link below for more information regarding reverse transfer agreements.